After spending some time in finding the right person who offers personal training from home services, you thought that you already have found the best professional who can assist you, but you are sensing that something is wrong. How would you know that it is time to fire your trainer?
As a client, you have the rights to demand results, especially when you don’t see any improvements after working out with your trainer for quite a time. How would you know that your trainer is not the right match for you?
Here are some of the reasons why clients fire the people who give them personal training from home services.
- Unprofessionalism. A good trainer knows how to value both of your time. They must show up according to the schedule that you have both agreed on. It is irritating to deal with someone who is always late, especially if that someone will not make up for the time that was already lost.
You don’t have to fire your trainer immediately after they have shown up late or cancelled their appointment once or twice. They must not do this often though, or else it will become habitual. Whenever they did not show up or have arrived late, they must provide you with good explanations and they must also be apologetic with what happened. After talking to them, changes must be implemented and your trainer must promise that they will be on time and present from here on.
- Lack of attention. In order to assist you with your exercises, determine your strengths and weaknesses and track your progress, your trainer must give you all their attention during workouts. It is improper that they let you do the exercises while they use their phone or chat with other people in the room. If you feel that your trainer often ignores you, they might need a little poking to be aware about their behavior and how you feel about it.
If they still persist with the behavior after you have spoken to them about your concerns, do not hesitate to fire them and choose another trainer.
- Unavailability to return calls or emails. Your trainer must be available to respond to your queries even after your scheduled appointments. They must provide light to the areas that are bothering you even when you don’t have an appointment. You must be able to effectively communicate through phone, email or other messaging mediums. If they are often busy, you have to ask them for the most convenient time when you can get in touch with them outside of your scheduled appointments.
- Close-minded. Do not keep up with someone who does not listen to your suggestions. It is your body. You know when it is no longer responding well to the program. Your trainer must hear out your suggestions on how to improve the program and implement changes as needed.
- Sells questionable products and supplements. It is not part of the job description of the person who provides personal training from home services to sell anything, aside from working out on your exercises and routines. They may recommend certain products, but it is not apt that they sell you anything that may compromise their credibility.